With the escalation of environmental challenges such as climate change and air pollution in recent years, how to procure funds to deal with such problems has become an issue.
Financing for investment to solve environmental issues is called green finance, and GOR will contribute to realizing a sustainable environment and society through green finance.
GOR has executed debt financing through green loans as part of its ESG initiatives.
Green loans are debt financing that limits the use of funds to environmentally friendly projects. Entities must own eligible green properties*1 and have a certain level of ESG evaluation*2 in order to apply for loans.
This table can be scrolled sideways.
|Lender||Loan term||Loan amounts
|Interest rate type||Drawdown date||ESG rating|
|MUFG Bank, Ltd.
||5 years||2,000||Fixed rate||March 31, 2020||MUFG ESG Rating Certificate J-REITs supported by JCR
Highest rank of “S”
- Eligible green properties are properties of which comprehensive evaluation of environmental performance and such by certification organizations have achieved a certain level.
- ESG rating is an objective rating by a third-party rating organization concerning the ESG initiatives of the investment corporation and management company.
MUFG ESG Rating Certificate for J-REITs supported by JCR
GOR received the “S Rank” in the “MUFG ESG Rating Certificate for J-REIT supported by JCR” by Mitsubishi UFJ Research and Consulting Co., Ltd.
- The Rating Certificate with the support from JCR providing a third-party view, aims to be highly objective.
- By utilizing the Rating Certificate, while ESG issues can be clarified, GOR will be able to obtain the “ESG Evaluation loans for J-REIT” from MUFG Bank, Ltd.
- For details of the Rating Certificate, please refer to the MURC's website （https://www.murc.jp/sp/1810/j-reit/index.html）（Japanese only）.